Having recently adopted the perfect pet (Binky – photo shown) from the New Rochelle Humane Society, I decided to obtain a permit for Paw’s Place, a park for dogs, located in Ward Acres, which would allow me to take him to the park (from dawn to dusk) for the small fee of $50 a (calendar) year. The rules are pretty simple:
- All dogs should be healthy, vaccinated, current with all shots, wearing a collar and ID at all times, and owners must be carrying the valid dog permit for the park also.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs (have to admit some owners seemingly had forgotten when I was there today)
- No picnicking, and dogs cannot dig holes…
- Limit of four dogs per person
- Children aged 13 and under must be supervised
- Small dogs are (yes, there is one!) restricted to dogs 30 lbs or less, but owners can use larger area if desired.
- Owners are responsible for their dogs and injuries caused by them.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted – owners must remove their dog at the first sign of aggression
We ventured there yesterday…not many dogs as it was mid afternoon, which was fine with me as I wanted the first visit to be a quiet one. Binky loved it! It was so tranquil, and he was so tired when we arrived home. It was the perfect place for him to socialize with other dogs, run around and have some fun.
Thank you, New Rochelle – Paw’s Place is great! We give it a four paws up!
Permits can be obtained at the Parks and Recreation Department at City Hall (914.654.2087914.654.2087) from 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday.
New Rochelle residents pay $50. Non residents pay $100 (up to four dogs)
New Rochelle is GREAT!